Welcome to “Spinning Back Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly show that takes a quick spin through the biggest topics in mixed martial arts. This week, Simon Head hosts the panel of MMA Junkie Radio’s “Gorgeous” George and Brian Garcia, as well as MMA Junkie’s Mike Bohn. Let’s get after it!
- Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. fought to a draw in their exhibition boxing match. Despite the fact that both men are decades past their best, it didn’t stop combat sports fans from buying it. If you could book a “legends” fight in MMA, which would do best at the box office, and why?
- The UFC lightweight division is starting to warm up nicely. Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier, Tony Ferguson vs. Charles Oliveira and Beneil Dariush vs. Diego Ferreira are booked. What’s the next big fight coming at 155?
- What fights do you want to see Bellator make in 2021?
- YouTuber Jake Paul’s knockout of former NBA star Nate Robinson has gone viral, and shown again “celebrity” fights can be big box office hit. Are these types of matchups the future of combat sports?
- UFC on ESPN 19 takes place Saturday with a Jack Hermansson vs. Marvin Vettori main event. What other fights on the card do we need to keep an eye out for?
For answers to all of those questions, watch Episode 55 of “Spinning Back Clique” above.
Support authors and subscribe to content
This is premium stuff. Subscribe to read the entire article.